Our products and materials
At The Bark Co., we take very seriously the quality of our products. You'll definitely notice that if you end up buying our collars, leashes or harnesses. If you like we can explain you a bit why is that and how we make our products:
- We are local: First of all, we design all our products in Barcelona, although the soul of the company comes from Sevilla (south of Spain, Kingdom of Flamenco music). And we do it here:
Nice, huh? We get really inspired here and we do work really well in this environment.
Once we design our products we just use the best quality materials out there:
- Nylon ribbon (100% recycled plastic nylon) in jacquard: our designs are NOT printed. We use jacquard nylon ribbons to make it look way nicer than the usual products you see in shops. It is resistant and nice to the eye and the hand.
- 100% Cotton ribbon: we use cotton because is the softest and nicer material we could think of and at the same time it is resistant enough for a little buddy :) You'll definitely enjoy swapping from regular nylon leashes to our 100% cotton ones.
- Sustainable: Because of the material we can be sure that you can wash them as many time as you like and you will have it as if it were new.
- Fancy pancy: Old Gold platted trimmings are very important because it helps the collar/harness & leash to stick together. We use iron trimmings with a hint of gold, which makes it very nice and really solid.
Finally, we send our products to our atelier in Barcelona, where a very experienced team mate is going to build them one by one, with all the love directly from Barcelona to your house ❤︎.
We'd also like to tell you why we believe our collar and leashes are the best in the market and, why not, the coolest :D (there are plenty of cool ones, to be honest, but we do believe a lot of what we do! hehe):
- THEY ARE LONG-LASTING: we don't want you to buy a collar every 6 months. We prefer you buy one every 2 years (it is better for the environment and for your pocket). We prefer you talking nice about our products and enjoy them rather than selling 3 times a year to the same customer.
- THEY ARE LIGHT: which is good for the human and the dog. The cotton ribbon helps us to achieve this objective.
- VERY RESISTANT: the cotton ribbon base plus the nylon ribbon attached makes it almost impossible to break.
- NICE: they are pleasant to touch and sight
- ORIGINAL DESIGNS: we haven't seen them in other shops, to be honest :)
We love you here, and we thank you for that!
The Bark Company.